I hate the site of a cut and left onion and now i have a concrete reason to hate it more....LEFT OVER ONIONS ARE POISONOUS
when food poisoning is reported, the first
thing the officials look for is when the 'victim' last ate ONIONS . onions are a huge magnet for bacteria,
especially uncooked onions. You should never plan to keep a portion of a
sliced onion.it's not even safe if you put it in a zip-lock
bag and put it in your refrigerator.
It's already contaminated
enough just by being cut open and out for a bit, that it can be a danger
to you (and doubly watch out for those onions you put in your hotdogs
at the baseball park!). if you take the leftover onion and cook
it like crazy you'll probably be okay, but if you slice that leftover
onion and put on your sandwich, you're asking for trouble. Both the
onions and the moist potato in a potato salad, will attract and grow
bacteria faster than any commercial mayonnaise will even begin to break
Also, dogs should never eat onions. Their stomachs cannot metabolize onions.
Please remember it is dangerous to cut an onion and try to use it to
cook the next day, it becomes highly poisonous for even a single night
and creates toxic bacteria which may cause adverse stomach infections
because of excess bile secretions and even food poisoning.
-Adonain Danny Rivera.
So now you understand why i prefer medium sized onions....coz il simply chop n use it all at once...